Thursday, January 29, 2009

Almost done living out of suitcases! Helsinki fun, too!

Well, we are out on the street on Sunday so hopefully we get keys to this place before then. It isn't your typical small english flat you might think of. 2 1/2 baths, 2 bedrooms-1 very large, reception room is very large, small outdoor space so we can have a small grill. There is 2 1/2 flights of stairs and no lift, though. We are right between Oxford Circus and Bond Street (shopping mecca!!! and dangerous!!) about 5 blocks from Hyde Park. We get our stuff Feb. 15thish, so until then we'll have an airmatress and that is about it. :( At least we almost have a home! You can get from Chicago to London in April for $350!!!! We'll hopefully get a cell phone in the next few days, you have to have an address to get a cell phone. You can try to call us on YahooIM or Skype, yahoo:snoonan08 or connor_noonan skype: chicagosmellgren1 (i've had this one for a while). Well that is my update so far. OH, wait I was just in Helsinki. Ate some reindeer and elk, had some fish, beer, saw a bit of the town. There was a sauna in my hotel room! The room, not just the hotel! That was pretty cool. I wish I could buy all of the nick nacks and funishing type stuff from there...very West Elm/Crate and Barrel/CB2 like stuff. I hope to make it to Sweden and Norway and load up with cool stuff.

1 comment:

Kelly Burke said...

Write stuff!!!!!!!!! I don't work. I need entertainment.